This My Kitchen Rules recipe is from the MKR website you can view this original recipe here. Beef Burgers with Zucchini Fries were cooken by Josh and Andi as “Baboon Burgers” for the zoo kids challenge, the zucchini fries were a hit and the judges stated that the audience around Australia will be cooking them tomorrow night. Here is the recipe!
4 slices cheddar cheese
1 small onion, peeled, coarsely grated
1 garlic clove, peeled, crushed
2 tbs BBQ sauce
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 tbs finely chopped oregano
1 tbs finely chopped parsley
½ tsp paprika
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tbs breadcrumbs
1 egg yolk
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
Pinch of sea salt
60ml extra-virgin olive oil
80ml light olive oil
2 cups white vinegar
1 cup caster sugar
1½ cups red cabbage, shredded
1½ cups green cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, julienned
1 Lebanese cucumber, julienned
3 tbs whole-egg mayonnaise
1 tbs mustard seeds, toasted
1 tsp Dijon mustardZucchini Fries
200g Japanese panko breadcrumbs
3 tbs finely grated parmesan
1 tsp sweet paprika
3 medium zucchini, cut into thick batons
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Olive oil spray
1. To make burger patties, place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Using your hands, shape mixture into four even-sized patties. Place on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until required.
2. To make mayonnaise, place egg yolk, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and salt in a food processor and process until smooth. With the motor still running, slowly drizzle in oil until mixture is thick.
3. To make pickled slaw, place vinegar and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
4. Meanwhile, place vegetables in a bowl. Pour over vinegar mixture and stand 15 minutes. Drain, then combine pickled vegetables with remaining ingredients.
5. To make zucchini fries, preheat oven to 210C. Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and paprika in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini in egg then breadcrumb mixture to coat. Place crumbed zucchini in a single layer on a lightly oiled oven tray. Spray with olive oil and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Place a lightly oiled medium frying pan over medium heat. Add burger patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
7. To assemble, spread bun bases with mayonnaise. Top with 1 burger patty, a little slaw, some cheese and top with bun. Serve with fries.