- This My Kitchen Rules recipe was a hit at the Melbourne Cup Canapé Challenge, prepared by Ashlee and Sophia. This recipe won them the people’s choice. This recipe is from the My Kitchen Rules website and the original can be seen here.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
Micro herbs, to garnish
Thinly sliced spring onions, to garnishPickled Ginger
1 large knob ginger, thinly sliced
2 cups white vinegar
60ml (1/4 cup) malt vinegar
2 tbs light soy sauce
200g ling fillets, roughly chopped
250g banana prawns, peeled, de-veined, finely chopped
5 finely chopped spring onions, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled, finely diced
½ cup finely chopped coriander
1½ tbs light soy sauce
2 tsp caster sugar
½ tsp white pepper
½ tsp sesame oil
¼ tsp finely grated ginger
1. Place ginger in a small bowl. Sprinkle with a little salt to draw out moisture and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Place vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. Add ginger, then reduce heat and simmer until reduced by a third or a thick syrup forms.
Chilli Vinegar Sauce:
Place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
1. Place fish in a food processor and process until a fine paste forms.
2. Transfer to a large bowl with remaining ingredients. Using your hands, stir well to combine.
3. To assemble dumplings, place a teaspoon of filling in centre of each wrapper, then using your fingers, lightly wet wrapper edges with cold water. Fold dumpling in half to create a triangular shape. Working from the centre, use fingers to push air bubbles out of dumplings. Press edges together to seal and place on a tray. Repeat with remaining wrappers and mixture.
4. Cook dumplings, in small batches, in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until cooked. Drain.
5. Garnish dumplings with pickled ginger, micro herbs and spring onions. Serve with dipping sauce.